Volunteers at Vista Health System are the soul of our hospitals. They're teachers, salesmen, business professionals, homemakers and students. Some are young; some have a few gray hairs. They volunteer for different reasons and every day their value increases. It's spirit like theirs that makes Vista Health System a great place to volunteer.
Nearly every department utilizes volunteers, including teen volunteers who are at least 14 years of age. Our hospitals run more efficiently because of the help and support from our dedicated volunteers. If you are considering becoming a volunteer, tap into your personal interests and strengths and we will put your talents to work! Many areas of the hospitals are staffed using four hour shifts; however, some areas may offer flexible hours and times to accommodate our volunteers' various schedules.
Basic Requirements for both adult and teen volunteers:
- Complete an application
- Submit a letter of recommendation
- Have a personal interview with Volunteer Services Manager
- Submit a copy of your immunization records, if available. The required immunizations are the same that the hospital requires for employees, including a PPD (TB) test or equivalent
- Complete an Assessment of Physical Capabilities as outlined in volunteer placement description
- Complete Hospital Orientation packet
- Complete Volunteer Orientation
- Read, sign and adhere to: the Code of Conduct, the Confidentiality Agreement, and the Community Cares “Service Excellence Standards of Performance”
- Read the volunteer handbook and sign the back page
- Agree not to directly participate in or observe patient care without patient and supervisor’s consent
- Have specific departmental training in the area where you will be volunteering
- Adhere to uniform or dress standards
- Be punctual, reliable, and accepting of supervision
- Have respect for patient privacy
- Display dignity, courtesy and consideration for others
Additional Requirements for all Volunteers:
· All volunteers must have a drug screening (paid for by the hospital) before placement begins.
Additional Requirements for Adult Volunteers (ages 18+):
· Because the safety of our employees, patients and other volunteers is a priority, a criminal background check is required (paid for by the hospital). This requires a social security number.
Court Appointed Community Service Volunteers:
· Due to the nature of the types of volunteer positions at Vista Health System we are unable to accept court appointed community service volunteers.
How to Apply to be a Volunteer:
- Complete an application
- Call 847-360-4228 to set up an appointment
- Bring your completed application to your appointment
Adult Application Teen Application Volunteer Handbook