Imagine a healthcare setting where staff is understanding and compassionate to a woman’s health needs. That is Vista Health System. We offer a wide-range of services designed for the unique needs of women’s bodies. And our services are provided by warm, caring staff. Here are some of the Women's Care Services that Vista Health System offers:
- Full-Field Digital Mammography (847-360-4184)
- Osteoporosis (bone density) Screenings (847-360-4184)
- Post-Partum Depression Therapy and Care (847-360-2000)
- Parenting Seminars (847-360-4246)
- Look Good. . . Feel Better® support for women under- going treatment for cancer (in conjunction with the American Cancer Society) (847-360-4246)
Full-Field Digital Mammography
Studies have shown that the key to survival of breast cancer is early detection through the use of regular self-exams and the use of mammography. Early detection means a woman can receive treatment before the disease has a chance to grow and spread.
Vista Health System’s new Full-Field Digital Mammography Services provide:
- Better visibility, particularly of dense breast tissue
- Consistent image quality, leading to better screening, diagnosis and interventional procedures
- Instantaneous electronic images that can be viewed in seconds
To aid in a woman’s quest for early detection, Vista Health System offers digital mammography at several locations:
- Vista Medical Center East, Waukegan
- Vista Imaging Center, Gurnee
- Vista Imaging Center, Vernon Hills
- Vista Ambulatory Care Center, Lindenhurst
To schedule an appointment, please call Vista Health System’s Central Scheduling at 847-360-4184.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
You've had your mammogram and the doctor has found an abnormality. One treatment option is to undergo a breast biopsy, a procedure in which a piece of the suspicious tissue is removed for further examination and diagnosis.
While a breast biopsy can mean a traditional surgical procedure, it doesn't have to any more. Minimally invasive breast biopsy procedures are now available in Waukegan and Lindenhurst with Mammotome, technology.
With this technology, radiologists and general surgeons associated with Vista Health can biopsy breast abnormalities in an outpatient setting. That means the procedure is performed under local anesthesia, with no stitches and virtually no scarring.
To schedule an appointment, call Central Scheduling at 847-360-4184.
New Family Center
Bringing a child into the world is a wonderful personal experience. At Vista Health system, we believe you should have choices in how to deliver and care for your baby. Choices that help make sure your birthing experience is everything you want it to be. Learn More