Vista’s Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at Vista Medical Center West offers patients high-quality physical rehabilitation care close to home. We have been licensed since 1985 and are classified as an Inpatient Rehabilitation Program by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and are the only CARF-accredited (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) acute inpatient rehabilitation program in Lake County for adult medical rehabilitation.
Our individualized patient-focused approach helps patients regain independence by:
- Increasing mobility and strength
- Maintaining health and quality of life
- Maximizing self-care skills
- Improving psychological adjustment
- Returning to home, family and community
What Sets Us Apart
Vista works toward helping patients achieve the highest level of independence with:
- A minimum of three hours of intensive rehabilitation therapy, five days per week
- 24-hour coverage by a physiatrist, a doctor board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 24-hour rehabilitative nursing
- Weekly interdisciplinary team conferences to assess progress
- Interactive family conferences to discuss functional goals and discharge plans
Our Philosophy of Care
At Vista, our goal is to assist our patients in reaching their highest level of independence in all life activities. We want patients to recover to their former level of function or to maximize their remaining function.
Patient needs, education and safety are our focus. The rehabilitation process is interdisciplinary, dynamic and goal oriented. Treatment goals are made in collaboration with the entire care team, including patients and their families. All are involved in setting goals, determining the use of available community and patient resources, evaluating progress made toward goals and preparation for discharge to the community.
Patients and their families are important customers. We value patients’ rights to receive quality care with privacy, confidentiality and dignity, and encourage feedback regarding the programs and services that we offer. We strive for the highest level of courtesy, competence, compassion and communication in all that we do.