Imaging at Vista – Steps to Follow
You need a written order from your physician for an imaging procedure. Vista Health System has four locations for imaging – Vista Medical Center East, Waukegan; Vista Ambulatory Care Center, Lindenhurst; Vista Imaging Center, Gurnee; and Vista MRI Institute, Gurnee.
The procedures include: X-ray, CT Scan, MRI Scan, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound and Mammography. Please note that most X-ray procedures do not require an appointment and are available on a walk-in basis. Appointments are required for x-ray procedures such as arthrograms and upper and lower GI exams. Appointments also are required for CT,MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound and Mammography.
To schedule an appointment please call 847-360-4184. Vista representatives will be happy to help you schedule your exams. They also speak Spanish (también hablan español) and are always willing to help.
10 Steps to Follow When You Arrive
1. Bring the written order from your physician.
2. You will be required to register for the procedure. Provide the order and your insurance information along with a state issued picture ID.
3. You will be registered into the Vista computer system. This is necessary for each visit even if you have been to Vista before.
4. You will be guided to Testing and Treatment and from there the Technologist will guide you to the area for your exam. For your safety, we will check your name and date of birth several times during your visit.
5. When your exam is completed the technologist will provide you with any discharge instructions that you may need to follow.
6. The images that are taken during your exam are read by Board Certified Radiologists. They review and interpret your study, and a written report is sent to your physician.
7. Your physician usually contacts you to share the results of the exam. If you do not hear from your physician within a few days it is a good idea for you to contact them at their office.
8. A CD of your images and report are available if you need them. Please call ahead to Testing and Treatment at 847-360-4190 to request the copy.
9. You will need to provide a picture ID to receive your CD. For your safety and security, you will also be required to sign a release of information form.
10. The CD can be obtained the same day that you place your request. Phone ahead to save time waiting for the finished copy.
Vista Medical Center East
1324 N. Sheridan Road
Waukegan, IL 60085